Mold is naturally occurring. Mold needs moisture, organic material, and the right temperature range to reproduce and grow. Additionally, relative humidity of approximately 50% or higher, stagnant air or airtight structures, damp areas or products, unclean areas where fungal growth as infested and low nitrogen concentrations in the air can influence the growth of mold. As the individual in charge of an office, it is very important to be proactive in protecting the health of those working in the office space.
A mold inspection is the first step in identifying a possible mold issue. After obtaining insights into your specific concerns and/or symptoms, Biller & Associates will conduct a visual inspection and assessment of the area to identify any mold growth or evidence of moisture intrusion. Based on the visual inspection, mold sampling and analysis can be performed.
A mold sample consists of air samples or other sampling techniques to extract surface evidence of the fungal growth. Once the samples are taken, they are sent to an accredited laboratory, which will identify the types and levels of spores collected. High levels of certain spores may not be problematic unless a person has mold-related allergies or heath conditions affected by mold related conditions.
Allergic symptoms to mold typically have cold or flu-like symptoms that may linger for days, weeks or months. These symptoms may include sneezing; cough or postnasal drip; itchy nose, throat or eyes; and a runny or stuffy nose. Mold allergies can also trigger asthma, resulting in wheezing, shortness of breath and even chest tightness.
Exposure to toxic mold can produce different symptoms. These symptoms may include memory loss to chronic sinus infections, balance/stability issues and even stiffness/joint pain.
If you notice a musty smell when you enter your office after the doors have been closed for several hours, you may want to have your office tested for mold. In many cases, office personal may have become so accustomed to the musty smell that he or she may no longer notice it. An experienced inspector, though, will notice this musty smell immediately!
If you or members of your team experience any of the symptoms associated with mold allergies or toxic mold, you may want to have your office tested.
It is recommended that you attend the inspection. This will provide an opportunity for you to ask questions and explain any issues that may have influenced or contributed to the fungal growth such as water leaks or moisture intrusion.
Within 48-72 hours of the mold sampling, you will be provided with a comprehensive report describing the mold types, spore counts/levels, and recommendations.
You can trust Biller and Associates Commercial Inspection Services to perform accurate, through mold tests. We are not a mold remediation company, which means that we don’t have a financial interest in finding mold in your office. Our only interest is helping you to accurately identify if mold is present, what levels are present and what types of molds are found.